Step back into Biblical times, as you see iconic religious sites and uncover hidden gems across Israel and Jordan. Once the marching grounds of Roman legions, Muslim armies and Christian Crusaders, this part of the world is a fascination of cultural riches and antiquity. Hear local stories from Local Experts, stay in luxurious hotels and taste the flavours of the region.
At Insight Vacations, we have been in the business of creating magical experiences for travelers for 40 years. But for us, it’s never been just a business. Travel in its truest sense – not just going to incredible places, but really connecting with them, in an authentic way – is both a joy and a personal passion, for every member of our team. Let us share that passion with you. We’ll take you on an unforgettable journey. We’ll immerse you in unique experiences, and we’ll introduce you to amazing people. The magic begins here!
- Amman: Visit the Iraq Al Amir Women’s Association supported by the TreadRight Foundation and engage in one of the many handicraft activities.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Tel Aviv: Explore with your Local Expert and see the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and browse around the Carmel Market.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists’ quarter and see the famous clock tower and old harbour.
- Caesarea: With your Local Expert, explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary.
- Capernaum: Visit the Synagogue where Jesus taught and the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the Mount
- Dead Sea: Alongside your Local Expert, ascend to the ancient fortress of Masada by cable car where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies, before sacrificing themselves.
- Dead Sea: Be sure to take a dip in the famously mineral-rich waters where it’s easy to float.
- Sea of Galilee: Enjoy a morning boat ride at the very place where Jesus is said to have walked on water.
- Sea of Galilee: Your Local Expert will give a brief talk on the history and contemporary life on a Kibbutz.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Garden of Gethsemene and see the Temple Mount, Room of the Last Supper, the Pool of Bethesda and Ecce Homo Arch.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum.
- Jerusalem: At the Israel Museum, wander to the Shrine of the Book wing housing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Jerusalem: Accompanied by your Local Expert, walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre – site of the Crucifixion.
- Amman: During a city tour of Amman, visit the Citadel, the grand Roman Amphitheatre and the Archaeological Museum.
- Jerash: Feel like you have stepped 2,000 years back in time as your Travel Director guides you through this marvelous ancient metropolis – now the finest surviving example of a Greco-Roman city in the world!
- King’s Way: Take in the beautiful scenery as you travel your way through the mountainous, winding landscape down a roadway that connects some of Jordan’s most spectacular sights.
- Madaba: Guided by your Travel Director, admire the detail of the Madaba Map – a fascinating mosaic that is believed to be the earliest surviving map of the Holy land.
- Mount Nebo: Take in the astounding view of Moses’ Promised Land, where the ruins are truly a site to behold.
- Petra: Explore the ancient and hidden ‘rose-red’ city, as you journey with your Travel Director, through the winding, dark passageway, between rock walls up to 200 metres high. See the Treasury and explore the Roman Amphitheater and ancient tombs.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy beautiful desert scenery as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum’s majestic desert.
- Shobak: Explore the Crusader fortress and see the Crusader chapel.
- Tel Aviv: Enjoy a Welcome Drink and mingle with your fellow travel companions to begin your journey.
- Tel Aviv: Participate in a Friday night Shabbat dinner
- Isfiya: Feast on local specialities in a private Druze home and hear about life in the village from one of its residents.
- Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Jordan: Enjoy complete convenience with all breakfasts and dinners included.
- Amman: Get to know your fellow travelers and Travel Director over a drink at your Welcome Reception.
- Amman: Enjoy tasting traditional Jordanian when you visit the Vait Khayra Souf for an authentic style lunch.
- Wadi Rum: Taste authentic Jordanian flavours as you experience a traditional desert dinner when you dine at the Ammarin Bedouin camp.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy tea with the Bedouins at sunset and taste authentic Jordanian cuisine dine under the stars for your Zarb dinner.
- Amman: Toast to your adventures with your fellow travellers at a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (BB), 5 Dinners (D) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
STAY IN STYLE
- Tel Aviv: The Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel is considered one of Tel Aviv’s more sophisticated hotels, located on the waterfront and providing guests with luxury accommodation.
- Tiberias: The Leonardo Plaza Tiberias Hotel is centrally located close to the Old Town and offers beautifully decorated rooms.
- Dead Sea: The magnificent Hod Hamidbar Resort and Spa Hotel on the shore of the Dead Sea, offers you serenity, relaxation and the perfect pampering experience in its modern spa.
- Jerusalem: The Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem is located in the heart of the city and offers panoramic views of the Jerusalem skyline. It has many top facilities and is a good base from which to explore the Old and New Cities.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasion.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Complimentary transfers are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
WELCOME TO TEL AVIV.
You will be met at Ben Gurion Airport and driven to your hotel in Tel Aviv. At 19:30 meet your travel companions for a Welcome Reception and a short introduction to your trip.
DAY 2 – RELAXED START
EXPLORING VIBRANT TEL AVIV.
Morning sightseeing showcases the highlights of this vibrant city including the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and Carmel Market. Venture along the seashore to the ancient city of Jaffa to see the famous clock tower and the old harbour. Visit the artists’ quarter with its galleries, boutiques and picturesque narrow lanes. At night, enjoy a traditional Shabbat dinner.
CAESAREA, ACRE, NAZARETH AND GALILEE.
Travel from Tel Aviv, along the coastal road to Caesarea. Explore the ancient Roman and Crusader ruins, including the huge amphitheatre. Travel via Haifa to Acre, fought over for centuries and captured in turn by Saracens and Crusaders, including Richard the Lionheart. See the fortress, the old harbour area and Crusader crypt, before continuing to Nazareth. Visit one of Christianity’s most sacred places, the Church of Annunciation, built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary. Head on to your hotel in Tiberias, which is located on the Sea of Galilee. The day concludes with a brief introduction to life on a Kibbutz.
TO THE DEAD SEA.
Visit the ancient wooden boat that dates back to when Jesus was alive, and enjoy a cruise on the Sea of Galilee. Visit Capernaum, where Jesus is said to have entered the Synagogue to teach, before heading to the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the Mount. Journey through ever-changing landscapes along the Jordan Valley, past ancient Jericho, to take a dip in the buoyant salt waters of the Dead Sea.
MASADA AND THE HOLY CITY OF JERUSALEM.
Take a cable car ride up to the fortress of Masada, where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies. Pass the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found at Qumran. Travel through the Judean Hills to Mount Scopus for breathtaking views of Jerusalem. Visit King David’s Tomb on Mount Zion, and the Room of the Last Supper. Enter the Old City and follow the winding cobbled alleyways to the magnificent Wailing Wall, the most sacred monument in Judaism.
Visit Yad Vashem, a memorial for those who perished in the Holocaust. Continue to the Israel Museum and the Shrine of the Book wing which houses the Dead Sea Scrolls.
DAY 7 – RELAXED START
OPTIONAL BETHLEHEM EXPERIENCE AND JERUSALEM.
Enjoy a relaxed morning or alternatively choose to meet your Local Expert at the West Bank border and continue to the Holy city of Bethlehem. The Optional Experience includes visiting the Church of the Nativity, one of the oldest continuously operating churches in the world. The structure is built over the cave that tradition marks as the birthplace of Christ, and is considered sacred by followers of both Christianity and Islam. In the afternoon, all travellers will visit the Garden of Gethsemene and walk through the Old City to see the Temple Mount, one of Islam’s holiest sites. Continue along the Via Dolorosa past the Stations of the Cross, Ecce Homo Arch, and the Pool of Bethesda, to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. At night, toast your adventures over a hearty Highlight Dinner with wine.
FROM JERUSALEM TO AMMAN.
Travel through the Judaean Desert to the border of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. With the formalities completed, you are met on the other side to journey through a landscape that has changed little in the last 2,000 years. Once at your Amman hotel, relax and settle in before joining your Jordanian Travel Director for drinks and a Welcome Dinner.
DAY 9 – RELAXED START
EXPLORING AMMAN AND JERASH.
After breakfast, you are transferred to Amman Airport for your onward flight.
EXPLORING THE LOST CITY OF PETRA.
This day is devoted to the beautiful ‘rose-red city, half as old as time’. You enter this lost city through a narrow gorge, the Siq, with walls that rise up to 200 metres. Emerge from the path to see the magnificent Treasury, carved out of solid rock and standing over 40 metres high. Wind your way through the canyon to explore the Roman Amphitheatre, which once seated 3,000 spectators, and the ancient tombs. Tonight, dine with locals at the Ammarin Camp.
MADABA, MOUNT NEBO AND ON TO PETRA.
Continue to Mount Nebo, one of the most revered holy sites of Jordan, where Moses stood and saw before him the Promised Land. At Madaba, visit the famous Greek Orthodox Church of St. George with its amazing 6th century mosaic map depicting the entire Holy Land, stretching from Jordan and Palestine in the north, to Egypt in the south. Then head south for one of the highlights of your journey: the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra, voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
WADI RUM WITH THE BEDOUIN.
Head to Wadi Rum – and the spectacular hospitality of the Bedouin on the backdrop of beautiful desert. Enjoy beautiful vistas as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum’s majestic desert. Dine with locals under the stars and stay in elegant simplicity in a desert camp for the night.
SHOBAK AND AMMAN.
If you wish, start the day with sunrise yoga at the Bedouin camp. After breakfast, follow the King’s Highway to visit Shobak, an authentic 12th century crusader fortress, perched on the side of a rocky mountain, standing guard over a barren and desolate land. Admire the towers and Arabic calligraphy on the external walls before discovering the original Crusader chapel, palace complex, and even a set of secret passages! Later, return to the Jordanian capital where you are at leisure.
DAY 14 – RELAXED START
OPTIONAL DEAD SEA EXTENSION.
Transfer to the Dead Sea for its warm, soothing mineral-rich waters. Pamper yourself at your resort which offers a wide range of treatments to soothe the body and mind.
DAY 15 – RELAXED START
DEAD SEA AT LEISURE.
Enjoy the entire day at your leisure. Lying more than 400 metres below sea level, this is Earth’s lowest point on dry land. Its famous hypersaline water makes floating easy. The surrounding desert offers many oases and historic sites to explore.
DAY 16 – RELAXED START
After breakfast, you are transferred to Amman Airport for your onward flight.
Click here to view our Booking Conditions.