An extraordinary journey designed for culturally curious travellers.
Your journey starts in Lisbon, the city that launched some of the world’s most renowned explorers. Following the Douro River through Portugal and into Spain, you’ll cruise past steeply terraced hillsides, quaint villages and acres of ripe vineyards. Dine on traditional fare in majestic Coimbra, the birthplace of six Portuguese kings; enjoy private tastings of Port; and explore Porto’s historic Ribeira district, home to iconic rabelo boats, cutting-edge cuisine and a thriving art scene. Wind your way through the dramatic landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, heading ashore to visit charming quintas and meet the winemakers who operate them. In Salamanca, Spain, you’ll see the city’s famous university. Return to Portugal with a visit to the fortified village of Castelo Rodrigo and historic Guimarães. There’s no better way to discover Europe’s best-kept secret than this scenic and all-inclusive river cruise!
Uniworld also offers an 8-day cruise-only version of this itinerary.
- All meals onboard, prepared with the finest and freshest ingredients sourced from farmers’ markets and other local suppliers
- A variety of onboard dining options and special culinary experiences
- All gratuities onboard and onshore
- Items Not Included in the Published Price: These include, but are not limited to, airfares to and from your destination except where specified.
- Airport/departure taxes. Excess baggage charges.
- Cost of passport and visas; taxes; laundry
- Phone calls; all items of a personal nature and health, accident, baggage, or travel protection plans. Expenses for additional sightseeing not specified in the itinerary;
- Items not included on regular menus; premium spirits & premium wine (please refer to complimentary beverage program in Uniworld’s Terms & Conditions), meals not detailed in the itinerary;
- Gratuities for programs in Russia, Egypt, India, China and Vietnam/Cambodia (please refer to Gratuities section in Uniworld’s Terms & Conditions for details)
S.S. São Gabriel will be the newest ship on the Douro river. Designed to embody the beautiful Douro River Valley region, this ship will offer more lavishly appointed suites than the Queen Isabel and bring the destination to life through its décor and delectable food and wine.
The moment you step onboard any of Uniworld’s luxurious, one-of-a-kind floating boutique hotels, you’ll experience the care that went into the beautiful design. With outstanding service that comes from the heart, a choice of personalized and exclusive excursions, delicious farm-to-table cuisine, and a choice of inspiring destinations throughout world—every element is included, and is as unique and special as each guest. U by Uniworld is innovating the travel industry with a fresh approach to river cruising. Our sleek ships give you access to the heart of the city, local food, lively onboard atmosphere, and immersive activities.
Uniworld has been leading the way in sustainability for river cruising since 2013 with the launch of the Environmental Sustainability for River Cruising Guide. We are committed to enhancing and protecting communities we visit through initiatives including:
- Preserving the world’s rivers: We introduced a clean water program to preserve the world’s rivers over a decade ago.
- Eliminating single use plastics in by 2022.
- Building sustainable ships: Our European fleet is built with special paint for the hull creating less drag, ship propellers that increase efficiency, energy-efficient LED light fixtures, automatic air conditioning controls to optimize cooling resources, water cooled air-conditioning systems and more.
- Offering guests travel that makes an impact: We work in partnership with ME to WE to give travelers the opportunity to immerse themselves in local culture.
DAY 1: Lisbon
DAY 2: Lisbon
DAY 3: Lisbon
DAY 4: Lisbon, Coimbra, Transfer to Porto (Embark)
DAY 5: Porto, Entre-os-Rios
DAY 6: Entre-os-Rios, Re?gua, Pinhão
DAY 7: Pinhão, Vega de Terrón
DAY 8: Vega de Terrón (Salamanca), Barca d’Alva
DAY 9: Barca d’Alva, Régua
DAY 10: Re?gua (Guimarães), Porto
DAY 11: Porto (Disembark)
All fares are per guest in US Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed. Fares for single guests are available upon request. Additional restrictions may apply. If you have purchased your transatlantic or transpacific air with Uniworld and/or you have purchased a cruise-tour package with Uniworld that includes air, your entire package price will be guaranteed at time of initial payment.
Reservations and Payments: A deposit of at least 10% of the cruise-tour fare (cruise-tour, plus port charge, plus pre and or post land extensions, less applicable discounts), per person is required within 72 hours of reservation. Final payment is due at least 120 days prior to departure. Reservations will be canceled if final payment is not received in a timely manner. For all guests booking air travel with Uniworld, a separate non-refundable airfare deposit of $450 per person is required at time of booking. Upon receipt of air deposit your airfare, tax and fuel surcharges are final. You may cancel your air within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund of the airfare deposit or the total amount paid for air if paid in full at time of booking
Click here for full US terms and conditions and cancellation policies.
Click here for full Canadian terms and conditions and cancellation policies.
Ships’ Registries: China, Egypt, India, The Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland, Vietnam